To begin with, a brief overview of our blog series:
When is the best time to do a baby belly shoot?
Are you already quite sure that you want to capture your beautiful round baby bump in a photo shoot? Great idea! Then you, as an expectant mom, may be wondering: When is the right time for a Baby belly shoot?
The optimal time for the shoot is quite individual, but there are a few key points, ideas and tips that you can consider for pregnancy photography.
In the case of multiple births, plan the baby bump photo shoot in the photo studio earlier
On the one hand, the photo session for the shoot depends on how many additional hearts are beating in your body, i.e. how many babies are currently living in your baby bump. Twins and triplets are very special, even when planning the perfect time for your shoot in the photo studio. With twins or triplets, we should start with the baby bump shoot earlier than with a single baby. Since more belly inhabitants naturally also need more space, the baby belly grows much faster in this case and many mothers of twins and triplets find their way to us in the 6th month. This way we can capture beautiful memories of your pregnancy in photos before your belly gets too big and you become too immobile.
With a baby, the photo shoot is optimal in the last trimester
If you are pregnant with a baby, you can take it a little easier. For a child, the rule of thumb for pregnancy photos is between the 32nd and 36th week of pregnancy or in the last trimester. The baby bump is just like you very individual, so some grow faster and others slower. If your belly is already very large quite early, we recommend planning the date for your baby bump photo shoot a little earlier. It is better to plan a little more buffer than too little for your pregnancy pictures, as some small miracles can hardly wait and absolutely want to be born earlier. In addition, with early planning, we also find enough time to find an appointment for a baby bump photo that is also possible for your partner. So you can create this great memory together with your partner and have the baby bump photos photographed together. In addition to us professional photographers and your partner, you can of course also include siblings or other family members if you really want to.
When the belly gets too big for the photo
The baby bump in particular should be clearly visible in the photo. Accordingly, the pregnancy and the circumference of the abdomen should already be advanced. Nevertheless, we advise you not to come to the studio too late for the picture of the baby stream. Okay, it will still fit the photo shortly before the birth 😉 But, for the perfect picture of your stomach, you should also keep an eye on your well-being.
In the last 4 weeks of pregnancy, it becomes a little more exhausting for you from week to week. This makes the pose more difficult and even a simple cross-legged position is no longer such an easy exercise. In order for us to be able to create the beautiful pictures of your baby bump, you usually have to last two hours during the shoot, but at least one hour.
In the last few weeks, there are usually small water retentions and possibly stretch marks, which we can avoid with an earlier appointment. Your tummy will also drop a little as your child is already slowly preparing for the birth.
However, you have to decide for yourself which moment is the right one for your baby bump shoot, depending on the desired waist circumference and your well-being. You are guaranteed to receive professional pictures, creative ideas and a lasting memory in the form of beautiful photos of your baby bump at all times.
As a reminder of the entire pregnancy: monthly photos of the baby bump
If you want to capture your entire pregnancy in one picture, we have a great idea for you. We could also plan a small photo shoot every month or every other month by documenting the growth of your belly in the same style and in the same clothes. You might even make a plan Newborn Shoot for the baby at the same time. So you can marvel at the beautiful time of your pregnancy step by step, even years later. Our is ideal for this Photogenika children's pass wonderful, which you can use for this creative baby bump shooting idea even before birth.
What else do I have to think about at the appointment for the picture of the baby bump?
In order for your desired date for the pregnancy photography to be successful, you should other factors and dates keep on screen. Finally, here are a few ideas and tips:
- You can already consider in advance whether you want nice photos with your partner or the whole family. Accordingly, you should coordinate the timing with these people.
- It is also relevant for the time whether you are shooting with the photographer outdoors, in our photo studio or in your house want. In the studio you are relatively flexible for the photos, except for our booking times. At home you may have to coordinate with your family so that you can enjoy your baby bump shoot in peace. Outside, you are of course dependent on the weather for optimal pictures and it is best to plan with extra time for an alternative date.
- If you want to try out different outfits, you might also want to precede it with a shopping trip. Since the belly and body shape change a lot in the last few weeks of pregnancy, the maternity dress in the picture should fit well.
- It is best to make an appointment with the hairdresser about 2 weeks before the photo shoot.
- If you want to book a make-up artist for the make-up, remember to coordinate this appointment with the shoot at an early stage. Please also let the studio know so that we can precede a separate slot for the make-up.
- And last but not least: ask us about your date for the baby bump shoot as early as possible in our studio so that our photographers can still offer you your desired date.
The next blog post is about Part 2: Why do you take baby bump photos?